City of Saginaw MI -
Proposal 4-9: City Charter Amendment to Sections 37, 56 and 57
The City of Saginaw would like to make the citizens of Saginaw aware of the proposed amendments to the Saginaw City Charter regarding the City of Saginaw Board of Review that will appear on the November 8, 2016 general election ballot. The Board of Review is responsible for handling matters involving property assessment and appeals.
• Proposal 4 would increase the number of appointed members from 5 persons to 7.
• Proposal 5 would change the term of member appointments from indefinite to five year periods.
• Proposal 6 would comply with already practiced State law that requires the board to meet on the second Monday in March.
• Proposal 7 would require the board to form three-person committees to hear and decide matters protested under law.
• Proposal 8 would comply with already practiced State law that requires a quorum of the board to be present in order to conduct business.
• Proposal 9 would comply with changes to State law requiring the board to meet for a minimum of 12 hours during the week of the second Monday in March.
Lori Brown, City of Saginaw Assessor stated “The board of review members reviewed the current charter language and put forth recommendations to bring the board of review requirements in compliance with State of Michigan statute. Their recommendations are also aimed at cleaning up the existing cluttered language and making the appeal process more efficient.”
For more information please contact Debbie Powell, City of Saginaw Public Information Officer at 989-759-1401.
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter Today
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
For information about what's happening with the Saginaw police, click the link below.Police News
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- WEBBER ST. ROAD CLOSURE BETWEEN SHERIDAN AND GENESEE
- WEISS STREET ROAD CLOSURE BETWEEN BAY AND SCHAEFER