City of Saginaw MI -
The City Clerk Office is a primary point of contact for the public and strives to provide the highest quality of service to the community by supporting the organized values and goals of the City Council. The responsibilities and services provided by the City Clerk's Office include:
- Maintaining the integrity of public records including: the charter, minutes of Council proceedings, ordinances, resolutions, deeds/easements and contracts/agreements.
- Administers all Federal, State and Local Elections (results).
- Maintains the records of all registered voters.
- Publishes and posts public notices as required by law.
- Handles mail distribution and postage for City offices.
- Trains and hires all election workers for each election. Application for Election Workers
- Maintains Boards and Commissions appointments. Application for Boards and Commissions
Notices of Vacancies to the Boards and CommissionsList of Boards and Commissions Vacancies
- Liquor License processing.
- Handles property and liability claims.
- Business License processing.
- Vendor and/or Tent Permit Processing.
- Dangerous Dog Registration.
- Non-Owner Occupied Dwelling Licensing.
- Click here to access all forms.
City CharterA City Charter is a basic law formulating the government for a city that, within the limitations of the state constitution and legislative enactments, established the framework of government, defines powers and duties, and identifies the rights and responsibilities of a city in fulfilling the needs of its citizens
Saginaw City Charter
City Clerk's Office
Bureau of Public Information
City Hall, Room 102
For information regarding birth/death certificates or marriage licenses visit the Saginaw County website at: www.saginawcounty.com/clerk.
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter Today
Enhanced Law Enforcement Response to Victims Initiative:
The Saginaw Police Department is one of only three law enforcement agencies in the country that has been selected to participate in a unique program designed to help reduce crime, support victims, and enhance public safety. We ask that the residents of Saginaw participate in this anonymous survey being conducted by Saginaw Valley State University. Your participation will help the City of Saginaw Police Department expand its capacity to meet the needs of crime victims, and broaden those services where a need is indicated. This short survey is available online at the following button:
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
The City of Saginaw has created this page in an effort to comply with Section 18j of Public Act 51 of 1951, MCL 247.668j.
Find it on our MDOT Reporting Page