City of Saginaw MI -
Corner Clearance Obstructions
City of Saginaw Ordinance 94.08 - Obstruction to Visibility at Intersections was enacted to create a clear vision area for motorists, to help reduce traffic hazards and increase safety in the public right-of-way. The City issues citations for "public nuisances due to obstruction" to various parcels throughout the year; typical obstructions may include a sign, fence, hedge or shrub in the corner clearance. Below you can see several examples of sight obstructions.
The clear vision map provides an outline of the boundary for the sixty-foot corner clearance triangle, and height restriction for bushes and shrubs, as well as the proper clearance height for trees.
If you notice a corner clearance obstruction within an intersection:
- Please contact the City Call Center at (989) 399-1311
- A field review is then conducted to mark boundaries and obtain pictures of the obstruction
- A citation is issued to the property owner for compliance within two weeks
- If the obstruction is not abated in a timely manner, the City removes the obstruction completely and charges all costs to the responsible property owner
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter Today
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- N. MASON ST. LANE CLOSURE AT ITS INTERSECTION COURT ST.
- JANES AVE. LANE CLOSURE BETWEEN S. 11TH AND S. 9TH