City of Saginaw MI -
After the Fire
- Contact your local disaster relief service, such as the Red Cross, if you need temporary housing, food, and medicines.
- If you are insured, immediately contact your insurance company for detailed instructions on protecting the property, conducting inventory and contacting fire damage restoration companies. If you are not insured, try contacting private organizations for aid and assistance.
- Check with the Saginaw Fire Department, 989-759-1393, to make sure your residence is safe to enter. Be watchful of any structural damage caused by the fire.
- If the utilities have been disconnected contact Consumers Electric and Gas for assistance in reconnecting. DO NOT attempt to reconnect utilities yourself.
- Conduct an inventory of damaged property and items. Do not throw away any damaged goods until after an inventory is made.
- Try to locate valuable documents and records. Information should be maintained in a safe spot concerning contacts and replacement sources for documents.
- If you leave your home, contact the Saginaw Police Department, 989-759-1288, to let them know the site will be unoccupied.
- Begin saving receipts for any money you spend related to the fire loss. The receipts may be needed later by the insurance company and for verifying losses claimed on income tax.
- Notify your mortgage company of the fire.
- Check with an accountant or the Internal Revenue Service about special benefits for people recovering from fire loss.
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter Today
Enhanced Law Enforcement Response to Victims Initiative:
The Saginaw Police Department is one of only three law enforcement agencies in the country that has been selected to participate in a unique program designed to help reduce crime, support victims, and enhance public safety. We ask that the residents of Saginaw participate in this anonymous survey being conducted by Saginaw Valley State University. Your participation will help the City of Saginaw Police Department expand its capacity to meet the needs of crime victims, and broaden those services where a need is indicated. This short survey is available online at the following button:
How to pre apply for a water utility account:
Pre application instructions can be found here:Water Billing
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
Learn more about MMWA 1 step recycling :watch the new 1 step recycling video on youtube now
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- OWEN ST. LANE CLOSURE BETWEEN HILAND AND WEBBER
- JANES AVE. ROAD CLOSURE BETWEEN 12TH AND 13TH