City of Saginaw MI -
Building a Better Business
Making changes in your existing business? Looking to add talent or facilities? Here we can help you through each step and minimize the red tape. Letâ€™s start building!
- Site Plan Review
- Commercial or Industrial Project less than one (1) Acre - $250
- Commercial or Industrial Project exceeding one (1) acre - $400 +$40/acre
- Apartment, townhouse, mobile home park, or other multiple development - $400 + $40/acre
- Other type of non-residential development - $250 + $10/acre
- Planned Developments - $500 + $5/unit
- Fee for review of revised site plans â€“ Â½ of original fee
- Filling fee to request a permitted use after special approval - $300
- Non-conforming Use Substitution - $300
- Interpretation of text of the zoning code - $250
- Rezoning Request or zoning code text amendment - $300
- Variance - $250
- Variance involving owner occupied single family - $35
- Interpretation of a zoning boundary - $250
- Special Exception
Brownfield Redevelopment - Applies to Pieces of property known to be contaminated or suspected to be contaminated based on prior use. Property also can be blighted, functionally obsolete, historic resource, adjacent or contiguous to eligible property. A Brownfield TIF is the mechanism that allows capture of the increase in property taxes paid (or tax increment revenue) when a property is redeveloped or improved.
Information regarding Brownfield Redevelopment Properties on Michigan.Gov
- Obsolete Property Redevelopment Act (OPRA) - Provides for a tax incentive to encourage the redevelopment of obsolete buildings, allowing a municipality to freeze the taxable value on a property for up to 12 years. The tax incentive is designed to assist in the redevelopment of older buildings in which a facility is contaminated, blighted or functionally obsolete. The goal is to rehabilitate older buildings into vibrant commercial and commercial housing projects.
OPRA application, guidelines, checklist, frequently asked questions, etc.
Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) - Financing option used by the public for redevelopment, infrastructure, and community-related projects.
- Questions - If you have questions regarding Tax Incentives please contact either: Tom Miller Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org, (989) 754-8222 Ext. 238 or Yolanda M. Jones at email@example.com, (989) 759-1784 Click here to learn more about Incentives
Saginaw is committed to being a proactive community, striving to provide economic growth and opportunity. Saginaw is a Redevelopment Ready Community (RRC), which means the City is in the process of becoming certified by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation in transparency, predictability, and efficiency into daily development practices. The majority of marketing work for the City is done by the Saginaw Economic Development Corporation (SEDC) and Saginaw Future. The SEDC lends funds to individuals who want to start or expand a business in the city, hosts educational workshops and business expos, and provides technical assistance to businesses in the city. The goals of the SEDC are to create and retain jobs, provide economic opportunities, and take part in redevelopment. Saginaw Future Inc. is involved in generating new investment and job growth in Saginaw Country. Saginaw Future is a nonprofit alliance of local business, the Saginaw Country Chamber of Commerce, Country and City of Saginaw, 15 local municipalities, labor organizations and local foundations. Currently a marketing guide is in the early stages of development.Saginaw Future
Saginaw Economic Development Corporation
Visit Saginaw Future
Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Visit our Saginaw Economic and Development Corporation Pages (SEDC)
Visit the Central Michigan University Research Corp (CMURC)
Read the Saginaw DDA and TIF plan here
Employers across Michigan turn to the Michigan Works! System to identify skilled candidates who are prepared and ready to succeed.
Michigan Works! Agencies and Service Centers offer a variety of services, such as online job advertisement, training support, talent recruitment and resume sorting, to ensure that the labor force meets the needs of employers. Michigan Works Website
Subscribe to our Email Newsletter Today
SGTV LIVE STREAM:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) rules have changed. To see how the City of Saginaw is now handling FOIA requests, please visit our new FOIA page.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION:- JANES AVE. LANE CLOSURE BETWEEN S. WARREN AND S. JEFFERSON
- S. WASHINGTON AVE. CLOSURE BETWEEN JOHNSON AND RUST/M-46